Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Response: Mini Portfolios

Mini-portfolios. Yikes.
I truly am excited about mini-portfolios, but my concern is time. I'm concerned that I won't have the proper amount of time to create mini-portfolios that will sell me work and ultimately me. It was nice to finally see the various portfolios yesterday in class. I saw several things in a mini that I liked, but I think I saw more things that I don't like. Sometimes defining what you don't like is just as important as what you do like. My list of 'don'ts' includes: complete lamination, spiral binding and spice. I want a classy look and feel, so I definitely need classy binding. I'm sure the things on my dislike list could be done in a classy way...maybe not. I think I'm going to just print a few to see if what I go with is something that I really like. If  I do that, I won't be completely locked into something and can update my stuff if it gets out dated or I fall out of love with my mini-portfolio design.

No comments:

Post a Comment