Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Response: Week in Review

March Madness has begun – and I don't mean basketball.
The past week and a half (or has it been two?) has been full of design work. Here's what I've been working on for magazine design alone: LBB logos, Eureka cover concepts, Eureka feature, Eureka multimedia landing page and designing Short Talk. While working on these things, lessons learned or reinforced include:

-Some logos work with texture, some don't.
-When working on features, discuss design concepts with the feature editors...they can help you flesh out your ideas.
-The reason your flash project isn't working is because of a very small, quick and easily fixable error. Kristin Kellogg is extremely helpful – she's a great resource.
-Make sure you use the most up-to-date template.
-Phone calls tend to work better than emails.
-You can be very productive in the Vox office in the wee hours of the night...and morning.
-And there are sweet temporary tattoos to be found :)

This is my final cover concept from the Eureka issue.

Oh! So much fun.


This is a wedding invitation I just finished designing for my best friend back in Oklahoma.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your final cover concept. Neurology has always been really interesting to me, and the brain "lighting up" in response to a sudden idea is really appropriate to how they talked about brain functions. I also really like the sleekness of the design and that you conveyed the concept with just a few, well-placed elements. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete